If you are reading this it means I am back on line, it means M-web finally answered my call and the person on the line actually helped instead of shunting me onto the next useless technical (opposite of) support person. I have waited for 24 hours now to get this problem sorted out and many of those hours have been spent on hold. “If you don’t know me by now, you’ll never never never know me” croons through the receiver from some unknown source of some 0860 extension. I am powerless. Locked and lost in a maze of transferred calls. Might need to eat something soon, or wee, but I can’t move in case someone answers who can put an end to my aggravation. I might die here waiting. “I’ll give it all up for you, yes I would, yes I would, hey, yes I would…”
Later the same day: They said the problem is with Telkom so now I’m holding for a Telkom service consultant to become available. There is nothing to sing along to now, just elevator music and ‘Thank you for holding… please be patient’. HOW CAN I?! At least I heated up some babotie in the microwave before calling. That was 36 minutes ago. I’m feeling sick. Maybe it was that awful babotie.
Here is an update: Feeling queasy and still on hold (perhaps related) I keeled over onto the floor for a bit of a lie down and pressed the flipping telephone receiver by mistake. Now I have to join the back of the queue again.
Still waiting. Picking paint splats off the floor.
Someone answers. Surprise. I do a million checks with Telkom and they say the problem is not on their side. Surprise, surprise.
Back to 0860-MWEBSUCKS. The guy laughs when he types in my username and sees how many times I’ve called. “Still pending,” he says, “this is something strange…”
I’m on hold again.
1 comment:
I can identify with your frustration --- I had the same problem and grew extremely irritated waiting on hold for 18 mins... 26 mins... etc - only to be told that 'they' were working on it!!! GRRRRRR!!!! At last - we are back on line....I hope it stays that way!! one can only hope!
Post a Comment