Thursday, October 05, 2006

Chaos at number 9

The painter is painting and messing up the floors with his ladder scraping through the nice new layers of wood varnish.

The granite cutters are in the kitchen fitting in a double sink, making a horrendous noise and sending out clouds of dust which are settling on the newly painted still-wet walls.

Clarice, our once-a-week cleaning lady, who is here supposedly to alleviate my stress is having a clumsy day; dropping things, breaking things and spilling things in every room.

I hate this so much, it’s a nightmare.

A complete nighmare.

There is nothing I can do but watch our flat be destroyed in this chaos. I wish everybody would just go away. Finish their jobs and leave me to weep. Then I could begin to mend this damage; sweep, mop, polish, and probably weep a little more.

Who is that at the door NOW? The landlord complaining about the noise pollution probably…

No comments: