Monday, November 06, 2006

Cape Town Weekend






Forth year students of drama at the University of Cape Town woke up on Monday, after celebrating the end all weekend, with hangovers and a long-awaited “nostalgia for yesterday” (Leila:11/04).


Kati’s baby Zia got dressed up like a super-hero, instructing us with her newly acquired artillery of monosyllabic words like towel and hat. We danced around with Teddy singing bam bam bam then read a delightful book called Each Peach Pear Plum.









For tapas (gourmet snacklets) I recommend Fork on Long Street, a stylish spot with a scrumptious menu which I was led to by my ever tasteful friend Marilena. Yum yum yum.


Ruth and I had delicious Sushi at Wakami in Greenpoint and sat at the table which Paris Hilton had apparently sat at the night before.

So very Cape Town that.

The weather was cold, luckily I wasn't camping. Typically of course the sun came out on the day I left and the cold front landed in Durban at about the same time as the plane did.

Missed my hubby terribly and very glad to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zia is a real cutie pie!