Yes, I had a bubble bath at four o’clock on a Tuesday afternoon. Then I spent hours in the kitchen preparing a Nigela Lawson style stew with David Bowie playing in the background and a glass of Rosé nearby. No, I don’t have a job. And after I just described that scene I’m sure you’ll find it hard to believe me when I say I REALLY want one.
I need an income- the kind the taxman will wanna know about. I want to be learning new things, to be challenged, to put my skills and creativity to good use. I have been sending out my CV. I even sent it off to a place where, if I am hired, I will work from rush hour to rush hour 5 days a week. Luckily they replied saying applications are closed for the year. Even the Durban Children’s Hospital said that if I want to volunteer I should call back next year.
So, my CV is out there, churning about in the vast and immeasurable sphere of possibilities, as is my poor laptop computer, which has apparently been stolen from the repair shop I sent it to…
No comments:
Post a Comment