Friday, August 04, 2006

A real bargain

A few moments ago I made a spontaneous purchase of the luxury-item kind. Now, I am no stranger to this type of impulse buying; the odd magazine here, a packet of dried mango there, but five DVDs, now that is way beyond an innocent lapse of self-control in the Woolies queue. Perhaps I shouldn’t have- but I did, and our DVD collection is so much healthier for it. We now have ‘Starsky and Hutch’; the bad Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson remake complete with Snoop Dogg cameo appearance, the Nicole Kidman happy-ending version of ‘The Stepford Wives’, that “dangerously sexy thriller” (-The Sun) ‘Wicker Park’, ‘Being Julia’, and – just for good measure- a bit of Johnny Depp, in ‘Finding Neverland’. Excessive? Perhaps. It was very difficult to choose between such fun titles so I took them all. But wait for it, on this day and on this day only, I got all five titles (second hand but hardly scratched) all for the price of one regular, average DVD. Thats's what happens when the sister branch of your local video store closes down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got very excited about the dvd's, and then very upset as i realised i would not be borrowing them from you, because you live just a little too far: (
Lena