Friday, February 18, 2011
One month in
Yesterday marked one month of BabyM's time as a living, breathing, squaking, drinking, puking thing of pink puffy love. It marked one month of me juggling two very small children and one very large personal agenda. In that regard, everything has shifted. Son gets almost all my attention in the light hours, Baby gets almost all my attention in the dark hours and my personal agenda has all but been shoved into some grey area. I do manage to do the odd work thing, or read the odd page of my book, but for the most part, since my desire to squeeze work/socializing/outings/alone time has been beaten down by my strong-willed brood, there is less of a fight and it actually feels a lot easier. I've realized I'm actually quite good at this mom thing and that I don't really mind spending hours on end drifting slowly from one activity to another, like drawing or making dough aliens then exploring the garden then landing up in the pool. The days are long and it feels like I get nothing done, but that's just how it is right now and time never ceases to bring new phases and stages along with it, so I know that this too shall pass... what's nice is that I'm not wishing it would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment