Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Update on painting the flat

Just to fill those of you in who are following the evolution of our living space. After having our carpets removed to reveal the gorgeous wooden floors beneath we are now ready for the next big revamp; painting the flat. I posted a picture the other day so that you could get some idea of what our walls are looking like at the moment. I’d love opinions and advice but honestly the colours in the photo are an inaccurate representation of the real thing. Our greater plan, just so you know, is to paint the flat in a neutral colour with greenish tones and pick two walls which we will paint with a ‘signature colour’. Our lounge and dining room are very open plan and we are thinking of going for a rich green signature on the back wall of the dining room, and another in the lounge where we’ll paint the small diagonal wall orange. The difficulty comes in picking the precise shades of green and an orange that will look just the right blend of warm and cool. Now, as Robbie and I remind ourselves, I’d like to remind you: it’s just paint, we can go over it if we don’t like it.

No comments: