Regarding my thesis that was submitted for publication in the SATJ (South African Theatre Journal), this is what Prof Gay Morris (UCT lecturer and editor for SATJ) had to say:
“… I must congratulate you on receiving two 'Accept, subject to revisions' recommendations. As a beginner-researcher this is FABULOUS.
Reviewer two was more forthcoming: “I enjoyed this submission, and certainly recommend this piece for publication... the piece offers a number of pertinent observations... the article will provide an important contribution...” etc
The reviewers have actually given copious advice and Gay pleaded, “PLEASE DON'T BE PUT OFF BY THIS!” She said I should see it as a complement. Well, I am honoured to have had my little paper analyzed in such detail. And I'm very proud of the overall positive response. So I will set off on the daunting task of ‘refining’ my article.
Whew, I can’t believe I have to go back to this thing! I’ll have to dig out my old research notes from the bottom of a box somewhere… that is if I have even kept them. Gulp. Groan. Grumble. Yippeee.
2 comments:
I love peace gardens! Went to visit Jack and Blanche and walked through their wonderful peace garden: flowers with faces and a healthy veggie patch and rose quartz and fairies... felt happy and calm. x
Brilliant! It will be worth the effort required to get your thesis published! Well Done!
Post a Comment