Hi there readers, just a quickie ‘cos I know I’ve been slack – and will continue to be for at least a couple of weeks- and I’d hate for y’all to unsubscribe.
It has been a very busy week here in Jo’burg as we climb onwards and upwards through the pre-wedding landscape. Phone calls, dress-fittings, table settings and seatings, meetings with Miguel (the décor dude extraordinaire), Mashie (the Rabbi’s wife and my spiritual guru) the photographer, videographer, the caterer and the band, hair trial, make-up trial, teeth cleaning at oral hygienist, Mikvah (dipping of self in pure rainwater ceremony) booked for Thursday, spray-on tan scheduled for next week, groom arrives on the weekend, hen party tomorrow night, and one more week to go!
For the guests at our wedding it should seem that the day and all its parts have effortlessly and almost miraculously come together; my spray-tan will seem like a natural healthy glow, one great song after another will appear to be the band’s regular repertoire and no one will even know (except you, my dear readers) that a week before the wedding the bride and groom hadn’t even written their speeches.
So, with all this wedding stuff taking up my time and speech writing rather than blog writing being my priority, the next time you hear from me might just be from an internet café in Mauritius. I’m not running away, no, that is where my husband and I (thought to self: that sounds nice!) will be honeymooning… and when we are back I’ll post some pouting pics of our matrimonial merriment.
Not that kind of matrimonial merriment! (at least not for public viewing)
No comments:
Post a Comment