Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Long Weekend


Thursday: Leanne (who from here on out will be referred to as Linky) arrives from Jo'burg, lunch at The Store next to Cafe 1999, then Society on Florida road for drinks and string quartet Electro-Muse.

Friday: Watch Comrades Marathon on TV. "Go Zondi!". Try to go to gym but road closed due to Youth Day speech by Zuma. Attempt shopping excursion at Gateway, buy nothing but watch Woody Allen's Match Point (7/10). Fall asleep half way through Brother's Grimm DVD (3/10 for loud noise in the background as I slept).

Saturday: I've gotten confused and we might have seen Match Point on this day. But then what did we do yesterday? Anyway, on Saturday night we got all dressed up and went for sushi to Green Mango (7/10... would have been 8 if the waiters didn't keep forgetting about us and the house wine wasn't so boxy).

Sunday: Eggs for breakfast then The Pav to give shopping another stab. I found a skirt and Linky found nothing. Wanted to see something of the Durban International Film Festival. 6 o'clock show at Musgrave Centre: The Libertine (8.5/10) with Johnny Depp (10/10), John Malkovich and Samantha Morton.

A Quote from the opening lines of the movie:
Rochester: (Depp) Allow me to be frank at the commencement. You will not like me. The gentlemen will be envious and the ladies will be repelled. You will not like me now and you will like me a good deal less as we go on. Ladies, an announcement: I am up for it, all the time...

Monday: Coffee in the courtyard at Manna. Get lost in Mount Edgecombe. Drop dear friend Linky at airport. Visit Joeleen whose indoor Palm poked her eye whilst being watered so a day off work was called for. Chat about wedding plans. Get called for work related meeting where I am told the previous proposal was accepted. I am given more work and a new deadline. Evening art Class (the last one).

Tuesday: Should be working, deadline looming, but writing blog instead and looking up quotes.

[Later I am reminded by Robbie that he and I went to gym on Saturday morning then took Linky to Essenwood Market and for lunch to St Tropez. No Match Point. But then he got confused and thought we went to Electro-Muse on Friday. Sheesh- long weekends!]

No comments: