Sunday, June 04, 2006

A list

To those of you who will be at my wedding in July an ugly thought might enter your head and you will know it is not what you should be thinking as you watch the bride dance in a circle of parents’ friends and old relatives. ‘Doesn’t she have more friends?’
The answer is yes, well, I think I do, or rather, I thought I did. But you see most of them have ‘a very good reason’ for not making it and ‘really did try to be there’.
Jade is going on a family holiday and arrives back two days into my honeymoon.
Ruth is going to New York and wants to be there for at least two weeks, though she is hoping her visa will come through sooner then she can go sooner.
Daniela who lives in London is moving back to SA in September so understandably can’t come in July.
Nina is also in London but came to SA in December so can’t come again.
Lori is ALSO in London and though she comes to SA just about every few months, July can’t be one of them.
Daniel is in Canada and will be coming to SA in July, but he is going to London en route and misses my wedding by a week.
So that’s that. I know that there won’t really be hushed speculation in the ladies’, because there will actually be most of the special people in my life at my wedding, but I am saddened by the crosses next to some of the names at the top of my list… and because I‘m so in the spirit of list making these days, I thought I’d give them their own.
P.S. the ranting in this post was inspired by Peas on Toast who is a very emotional blogger and vents all her frustration on her blog so that in ’real life’ she is a more amicable person and apparently smiles a lot.
P.P.S- although I have been advised to remove this post I am choosing, perhaps against better judgement, to keep it up. It’s where I am at at the moment; an emotional bride-to-be. And I don’t really think I have been particularly offensive, have I?

4 comments:

Champagne Heathen said...

Hey girlintheworld,

I don't think that you have said anything offensive in the post. I can imagine it must really hurt right now,especially with all the nerves of prep. On the day you probably won't even notice & will have a fabulous time.

It also causes excellent reasons to keep celebrating after the wedding & keep popping more good champs, with the arrival of each one back in town to say 'Congrats!".

And just hint strongly that you still expect the presents!

Anonymous said...

Te Bear,

I love you so much, and in your venting you've actually made me giggle and *blush* not sure why, but these are my reactions.
Babe i'm gutted that i can't make your wedding.
A thousand apologies to you and your special man who i have yet to meet.
Just remember my Durban trip and all the love and attention you are going to receive!

xx
Danie

Peas on Toast said...

Honey, venting is something we shouldn't be afraid of. You weren't offensive, you weren't rude, and that's how you have managed to find a happy medium between irrational and constructive.

Glad I got you inspired! :)

PS: Like your blog, keep up the good work.

Terri said...

You guys! Thanks for all your support and rational words...

Champagne- like one of oprah's angels sent to build a home for a hurricane victim, you waded through the rubble of my soggy words and helped even me make sense of it all. hmmm. again not sure if I’m making much sense, but thanks mate.

Dani- you blushing beauty, I am taking advice from my NBF (new best friend) champagne heathen and putting some bubbly on ice for you and me and my special-man-who-you-have-yet-to-meet, to share when you visit us in Durbs. Love and miss you

Peas- I am honoured you like my blog and even left a comment, now i'm the one who is blushing. (for those who don't know Peas- she is quite a celeb in the blogging world). Thanks for the encouragement fellow emotionally reckless KZNer