Sunday, June 21, 2009

Creative Sunday

I'm obviously feeling rather creative today. On returning from a lovely family walk to get breakfast at the Arts Cafe I made the mobile I've been looking forward to making since Son was born.















The grannies each contributed; Granny Viv with the blue pompoms and Granny Bess with the red one in the middle. It balances surprisingly well and spins nicely too. It hangs above Son's changing table.

After that I did some work on my painting. The one I started when I moved to Durban. Since we've been in the new house it's been collecting lizard poo and looking at me every time I park my car in the garage. Oscar the gardener hung it up there. So instead of giving it away as planned, I kept it, and started to see where I could make improvements!















I don't have a before pic to show the "improvements" but I do have the original:
















Wouldn't consider myself a realist :)

3 comments:

noodle said...

I recognise those cute little felties!

Terri said...

Yay, love the felties! See- even a Jewish gal can find a way to use such fab Christmas tree decor!

Anonymous said...

Ter,
It's so beautiful!! I really love it - and I am sure Son adores it!
Such a cool mobile to look at whilst he is lying on the changing mat!
Brill! Well done Ter.
Miss Creative you certainly are!
Love your painting too - well done for working on it again!
XXX