Thursday, March 09, 2006

Spam spam spam

On conducting an online search for 'Davidoff' bloggers, I came accross one E.T Davidoff at http://vettecat.livejournal.com. I enjoyed browsing his/her blog and so decided to leave a comment. What happened next is what has happened to many who have attempted to comment on my blog, and now i know how it feels- not very nice! I constructed a short and witty comment, checked my spelling, and pressed 'post'. ERROR is what was said right back to me, 'Your IP address,' they explained, 'is detected as an open proxy (a common source of spam) so comment access is denied.' Spam? ME? I know spam on toast, spam and baked beans on toast, spam spam spam and eggs, eggs and spam on toast with a side order of spam BUT MY IP? A COMMON SOURCE OF SPAM!
I guess E.T Davidoff will never know I tried to call home...

1 comment:

The Ossies said...

well another anafrican.....hopefully my IP is not a spammer.

wondered why i was unable to get the anafrican username.

be well.....ossieanafrican