We were among the twenty-odd-thousand who had bought tickets to fly on the now (as of yesterday 3pm) defunct 1Time airline. Our tickets were Cape Town return in December for the whole family. Booked months in advance. Like April, I think. Nearly made fairly costly updates to that flight mid-week to include a Jo'burg leg upfront. Someone looking out for us!
I didn't even have to do the updates in the end. Just a complete re-booking. In a rush, hoping sudden demand hadn't already driven prices out of orbit.
While scrambling for 4 x DUR-JHB, JHB-CT, CT-DUR flights with either of the two low-cost airlines still standing, er, flying, I actually felt bullied. I wanted to maybe listen to the part of me saying screw the whole thing. Let's stay in DUR. I mean, Can the spend even be justified? AGAIN?
Stop scrambling. Consider the much looked-forward to, well-deserved December family holiday. Consider are two weddings of close friends bejeweling this break. spend justified. Also, Baby M will never fly for just airport taxes again in her life after this one! (No longer considered an infant after Jan)
New suitable flights flagged after a solid bout of re-researching, I sat on the phone to book. But oh, poor Mango, 3 flights was just too complicated for their good systems. I could book the DUR-JHB, JHB-CT flights, but would have to do CT-DUR separately. Kulula had a better price on that one anyway (research, see!). But oh, poor Kulula, accepting payment was just too complicated for their good systems.
And poor me, rubbed up the wrong way quite enough for one day by these fumbling flyers. Tomorrow I will drum up the courage and hope the prices haven't rocketed to the moon as the twenty-odd-thousand justify and scramble.
For now we'll be in Johannesburg for a week early December and then Cape Town, indefinitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment