Thursday, October 25, 2012

Putting one out there

Day after day this blog has no new posts. Update it, I tell myself. So the few who check in aren't continually disappointed. I hate to disappoint. Update!

SO, with nothing to say that hasn't already been said, here I am with two suggestions.

1. Set up an rss feed so that you can read this blog and others you enjoy off a one-page reader, when the blogs update. That way you don't have to actually click to individual blogs. Unless you wanna. Honestly I'm yet to set up my reader successfully, but I had it going once and it's definitely the way to go.

2. Make Clean Eating Zucchini Sticks
Using bread crumbs, eggs/egg whites and zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise
Dip zucs into egg, then crumb. Bake for 30-45 minutes (or until the zucchini is done as you like). Allow to cool and serve.
Son and Miks liked the look but that was as far as they were prepared to take the experience. For me, served with grilled chicken breast and a selection of steamed veg, dinner don't get yummmmmmmier.

On a personal note, Jo'burg family visited and were showered with love and rain. Such in-landers: they were on the beach and hitting the ice-cream parlor like it was a perfect summers weekend. I was greatful for my mom-in-laws beautiful beach pad which works well in all weather, and also the Sands hotel (repainted since I was last there in the 80's, sporting super-fun Spur kiddies play area). But these guys, I just love them.


Lastly, I do try avoid these “I’m sorry for the lack of posts” posts, but sometimes it's just where I'm at. Bloggers block. To the 3.6 people reading, please accept my apology and one last pic of the completely time consuming and joy generating aspects of my world...

There! Now I have at least a week before I start feeling bad for having no new content on my blog...

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello, rss feed sounds intersting. but am completely hamstrung by my sad technological apptitude. zucchini sticks on the other hand.....well now theres an idea.
and as one of the 3.6 people who read your blog.........I LOVE IT. X