Thursday, November 08, 2012

Home style meds

The kids love juicing. They love sending fat raw carrots down the shoot of our Hurom after clumps of leafy spinach. Taking turns they feed it apple pieces, orange, beetroot, some lemon or a little ginger. If it's in our fridge on a juicing morning it's likely to be juiced; cucumber, cauliflower, paw-paw, pineapple--> You going down!

Unsurprisingly, Robbie and I have been the only ones who would actually drink the juice. Even when I aimed for non-weird combinations, the kids lost complete interest once the juice production part was done

Then I came up with a plan; instead of pouring them a cup each, I sucked the juice up into syringes.
Me: drink your medicine!
Them: We're not sick
Me: And you'll stay that way if you take this special medicine we've made.

And just like that, we went from being juice makers to medicine makers- focusing not just on the colour and taste of the fruit and veg we're juicing, but their vitamin value.

Now it's not just fun we're having, it's important medical research!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!!!
GV XXX