Saturday, August 04, 2012

Early night for the win

I felt so buggered by this evening after a doubly challenging car drive home from Umhlanga with two very tired, snotty tots. Baby M has been needing to go back to sleep since she woke up this morning and Son's day of running around on the beach and drawing great masterpieces had just caught up with him. They are finished. As I write this blog Miks manages a few last moans in her cot and Son gets read his bed time stories by his dad without even having had a bath or proper supper. And it's only 5:30pm.

Our little lovely Baby Miks is going through a teething, coughing, congested, needy, don't-want-to-wear-any-clothes, just-want-to-scream-in-the-car, nobody-in-the-world-understands-what-I-need-even-myself phase. And Son managed well considering he spent the night coughing, hopping between beds, losing his dummy and crying in his dreams for his wooden trains.

It proves once again; the kids are definitely better sleepers in their own homes and rooms (we were at the beach house last night). So tonight I am hoping for a better night and tomorrow we can all have a shower and a fresh start. For now, wine.

No comments: