I’m just sitting at the kitchen counter, drinking my rooibos tea,
letting Coby be hypnotized by children’s’ television and Baby M climb all over
the furniture. Usually I might jump in and try involve us all in something
constructive, but sometimes all being unconstructive together is good enough.
Son had an early morning which began with asking daddy why he was switching on the bathroom
light at 5:40 – “Getting dressed for gym my boy, go back to sleep”. After school he had
Playball and has been so tired since he got home, we’re just edging ourselves as calmly
as possible toward his bedtime. It’s only 4pm so we have at least 2 hours to go.
Miks's energy is a mystery considering her morning was an uber-session of structure and stimulation at Moms and Tots and her afternoon involved her first ever swimming class. Both morning and afternoon activities saw her being introduced to loads of new little people, new teachers and new exercises. Both involved bubble blowing, kicking and "going under" (a parachute in the non water-based class). I was amazed by her in the water and how she managed to go
under with considerably minimal freaking out. Though by the end I couldn’t keep her in the pool a
moment longer- threshold reached.
One thing is for sure; there will be good
sleeping in this house tonight!
UPDATE- 5:17 we have read a shark book, had a play-play tea party, made and mostly eaten toasted cheese and cucumber shapes kiddie dinner. Pretty good mini meltdowns tally of only 1.5 (had something to do with Miks wanting the pile of books Son was feeling possessive over)
FURTHER UPDATE- 5:39 Robbie home sits next to Son on the couch and asks if he's tired after playing a lot in the day. Son nods, dummy in his mouth, eyes droopy. Then he takes out his dummy and responds, "I could even go to sleep but it's not night"
FINAL UPDATE- 6:57 house quiet
1 comment:
I love that time of night when children are safe, warm and quite in their beds. After a day of jollying for everyone the peace is delicious.
Post a Comment