You know those people who think in a language different to the one they speak? I'm one of them. I think in blog. There are periods I go about my days constructing prose from mundane happenings.
Were those bloggish thoughts in my head to become finger taps on my keyboard you would be hearing a lot more form Girl in The World.
Alas.
Now that I finally find myself back in Blogsville, what I'll produce will unfortunately by woefully dull.
Dull was not the order of the weekend past when we jetted into Jo'burg for my mom's birthday. Sleepless nights and horrendous plane flight aside, we had the most wonderful time. Foody family-filled Friday, severely social Saturday and so-soon (too soon) Sunday.
Back.
We're all full of cold. Son is off school and Baby M can't breath through her little nose. He is completely hyperactive through it all and she just smiles and snorts. I'm trying to remember to throw all my used tissues away and not get too irritated with the world and my lack of time to accomplish anything meaningful.
Detox.
Hubby and I have embarked upon a health-kick. Day three and the third cake offering declined. (read more about that and the lovely lady whose cake it was here).
Mealtimes while on detox can be a little tricky, though I quite enjoyed the salads I prepared for today's lunch and ate mine while Son clung to my leg and pretended to chomp it. Across town, Robbie had to run back to chambers to eat because (A) they do not serve detox-suitable food at court and (B) It wasn't easy for a sick and weak me to make and pack such a wholesome lunchbox so he best work through it if he knows what's good for him! The bean, rice and chickpea salad made him laugh (I personally don't know what's so funny about beans, rice and chickpeas) and he found that a raw beetroot, butternut and cabbage salad requires so much chewing that he couldn't get through it in a lunch break. Not quite a steak n kidney pie, ey? Eeuk.
Along with this detox we're hitting the gym. Though it feels more like the gym has been hitting me. So excuse me as I put this aching body to bed...
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment