But whose coming with me? Son or Baby M?
I had it pegged as mother/daughter bonding. Baby M would join me for a little jol in the Mother City where we would spend quality time with one another, with my friend from The States and with the beautiful city itself.
But leaving Son just didn't sit right- he would not take it well. Not to mention the inconvenience it may cause those left behind to pick up the school lifts, the afternoon entertaining, the bed time routine and the all important tuck-in/kiss good night.
Baby M, on the other hand, she doesn't require anything from me that other people can't easily give her. Aunty Fi knows her feed/play/sleep shtik better than anybody, Daddy Robbie is no stranger to her after hours habits and Baby will be delighted as ever to have things remain unchanged. (She doesn't even really know who I am so how can she miss me?)
So as much as I looked forward to having my sweet little baby girl accompany me on a little out-of-town, out-of-the-ordinary, do-something-a-little-different-because-we-can jaunt, it looks like another cutie that I know is going to get the opportunity. And come to think about it, he'll probably make for a very cool little travel partner...
1 comment:
Just wondering who will be preparing Robbie's special detox meals whilst the chief chef is away? GV
Post a Comment