Monday, March 28, 2011

Why Monday gets a bad rap

Shopping: FAIL
Left my wallet at home. Even had to swipe my parking ticket at Pick n Pay to get out of The Pav for free as I didn't have the R7 needed for spending under 1hr in the facility.

Tea with friend (and both babies): FAIL
Restaurant closed. Didn't help that I braved rush hour traffic to get there with Baby M screeching all the way. Walked to park instead. Carrying a kid in each arm. Did I mention how little sleep I'm getting? Boy, could I feel it!

Son was so disappointed in not having gone to the restaurant and cried "RESTAURANT!!! I WANT TO GO RESTAURANT" all the way home. So I picked up Robbie and off we all went to Primi Piati.

Restaurant for early family dinner: FAIL
Before we even realized you had to order at the counter, Son had emptied all the sugar onto the table and Baby M had began howling again. Another mission aborted!

Instead, I gave Son supper at home. What would he eat? Yogurt. Berry yogurt. 2 spoons only. With honey. Refused to bath. Then it took 2 hours to get him to settle down and go to sleep.

Mother: FAIL

Good night

PS- Robbie on the couch here says I did get them both to sleep in the end so I should rather end this post with "SUCCESS". Such a sweety.

2 comments:

noodle said...

Mondays are a little kak.

But most definitely, Mother: is NOT fail.

You've got your hands full honey.

Go read dooce.com from the birth of her first child (Feb 2004) http://www.dooce.com/archive/month/2004/02 when you ever get a spare moment. Loads of WTFing :) Oh, and she ends up hospitalised. Whatever.

x x x

Anonymous said...

Yoh! Yhat a Monday! You are an amazing Mom!!!!! We love Robbie!!!!
XXXXX Granny V