Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Personal Disneyland

Dizzy, sure. Maybe a bit of whiplash even. But this roller coaster is mine to ride and it's actually a great one. In fact, with days like today, it's more coaster than roller.

Muesli for breakfast with Son was a nice start. We even built a 5-story truck stack on the carpet much to my vehicle-enthusiast's delight. After dropping him off at school I returned items at the grocery store and attended to my shopping list then swapped shopping bags for Baby M and took her along to meet a friend for lattes. How civilized! Then I finally managed to have new tyres fitted on my car, which has been a nagging priority for weeks. After school Son went in the pram for a walk with Anuty Fi and Baby M being bribed with only a bowl of red grapes for the ride. I've missed those walks of theirs! As hoped, the walk put him to sleep for a couple of hours, leaving me free to finish a script and design and print invitations for Son's second birthday party! In the afternoon we baked bran muffins and then went to Granny B's for dinner.

All in our respective beds now and its not even 9 o'clock.
Early to bed and no-doubt early to rise!

So while this ride is rough at times, it's really lovely at others. I guess a few vertical loops are well worth enduring if it means sharing a cart with this family I'm blessed with (especially if the tracks start becoming a little less hilly).

No comments: