Last night, to celebrate my 28th year, I hosted a party. It was such a great evening, I'm left wanting to write thank you cards! Which I did, at 7 this morning. SMSes actually, to the fabulously genuine friends who came and made me feel special, spoiling me with great pressies and lots of love.
But, aside from my friends and loved-ones, there are some other thank-you's I feel should go out. I want to thank Woolworths for their moist chocolate cake mix, chocolate icing mix and chunky chocolate sprinkles. For a girl who doesn’t bake much they sure know how to make you seem like a pro! And thanks also for those round carrots- what a hit!
I want to thank Sunrise House of Curry on Florida road for their superb veg briyani and boneless chicken curry which was supposed to feed 15 but could have easily fed double (and I was worried!). I appreciate every single one of the extra chilli-bites and samosas you threw in.
Thank you to Rozanne from 'Rozanne and Pushkin' for your remarkable taste in clothing which made picking out a party dress such fun. And thanks to mom and dad- sponsors of the best little party dress ever! (Darn. Shoulda taken pictures...)
A thank-you also goes out to Neil R who I work with; thanks for your cheesy taste in music, guy. It kept my ipod serving up the funnest songs to dance to.
And finally, Mother Nature, thank you for getting the mood so right; making us all huddle together to keep out of the rain. And then today, the day of my birth, to have cleared up all the rain which has been set-in for weeks and swap it for the sunniest and most glorious summer’s day!
Music plays as emotional actress is forced off the stage. Award in hand
There really is so much to be thankful for…
No comments:
Post a Comment