Sunday, May 24, 2009

You should see...

You should see how I make a sandwich!

Somehow, between the plumbers and the electrician, and while measuring walls with Oscar to get the placement of pictures right, I managed to make myself lunch. Son slung over one arm I used the other to slice the cheese, tomato and bread. Unfortunately the dried chili flakes were living in a broken shaker so erupted onto the floor in a shower of flakey lava. But I was undeterred and settled for salt. Once the sarmie was safely in the toasted sandwich maker I reached for the Turbovac and hovered up a million speckles of red and orange chili, while still comforting Son who was still slung over my arm. I even managed to eat before the electrician arrived and Oscar was ready to drill the next hole.


You should see how clean my tips are!

I never know when or how I'll get my daily shower/bath. I like it early in the day but Son doesn’t always sleep when it's most convenient for me and sometimes his morning nap is more like a long blink. If he seems asleep I try waiting till he's in a far enough away suburb of dreamland so that if he returns I’ll still have enough time to dry and dress before having to throw him a welcome party. The other day he slept long enough for me to run a bath but then woke up, so I thought of a brilliant plan. Or at least, it seemed brilliant at the time. I put a big fluffy towel over the baby seat in the baby bath which sits above the big bath. I put Son in the chair and climbed in underneath. The problem is that the big bath isn’t so big (especially with a not-so-baby baby bath sitting over it) so I couldn’t really bend my legs enough to wet my hair. I scooped water over my head and began lathering in the shampoo, but then he started to protest. No sweet talking, song singing or water splashing fun was going to fool him- he wanted out. Desperately I tried to slide down far enough to wash the suds out of my hair but I couldn’t get further than the tips. I did the best I could but of course Son got his way and the bath experiment was over. Filed under ‘dismal failure’.



Oh, but his bath time is sacred!

No comments: