Sunday, May 10, 2009

Meal times

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

May 9
6:00
8:30
11:45
14:15
17:00
19:30
23:15
3:00

May 10
5:00
7:30
10:15...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, it’s not quite a four-hour parent-led feeding schedule, but it’s not the random baby-led non-schedule either.

Instead of feeding him every time he cries we look for other things that might be irking him and basically try keep him occupied and distracted until his next feed which must be at least 2 ½ hours since the last one. (You may notice I gave-in this morning, but... well, y'know, it's Sunday, and he was really fussy and had been since 3. Someone had to give, and it was me) I’m obviously no Gina Ford here, and I do hope to pull the stretch to at least 3 hours between feeds soon, but I trust we’ll get there, naturally, without becoming fixated on some ridged and dogmatic routine.

Though admittedly I do somewhat admire those mom friends of mine who know exactly what to expect from their babies on an hour to hour basis so can say things like: “Oh he/she has already dropped their 10pm feed!”
Well look above friend, we don’t even have a 10pm! So hah!

Happy mothers' day :)

No comments: