No, that’s not a straightjacket. It’s the sling my brother brought back for me from Israel and baby has only just started to appreciate how wonderful it is that he can be held close to mommy and she can still do stuff with her hands! Though, perhaps he doesn’t appreciate it for that reason as much as I do. The whole arrangement usually looks more elegant, or at least I imagine it does, but in this picture you can almost see the chaos that is the process of wrapping this thing on oneself. One then has to fold the baby into it, hopefully not crying because that makes the process much more difficult. There are a number of possible wrap-ups and this, I must say, is one I hadn’t tried before. He’s more up-right than usual, and while I still have to support him a little, there’s hardly any weight on my arms. I think I’ll try this one again, if I can only remember how we did it…
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Successful slinging
No, that’s not a straightjacket. It’s the sling my brother brought back for me from Israel and baby has only just started to appreciate how wonderful it is that he can be held close to mommy and she can still do stuff with her hands! Though, perhaps he doesn’t appreciate it for that reason as much as I do. The whole arrangement usually looks more elegant, or at least I imagine it does, but in this picture you can almost see the chaos that is the process of wrapping this thing on oneself. One then has to fold the baby into it, hopefully not crying because that makes the process much more difficult. There are a number of possible wrap-ups and this, I must say, is one I hadn’t tried before. He’s more up-right than usual, and while I still have to support him a little, there’s hardly any weight on my arms. I think I’ll try this one again, if I can only remember how we did it…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment