The mission continued yesterday as we went to interview the Minister of transport who was speaking at a huge gathering in the city to pray for safety on the roads after Monday's terribly high death toll (29 people died between 7am and 9am). Everyone at the gathering was given food parcels, there was counselling for those who needed it, and we got our interview.
Then, on our way to interview the Minister of education for the province, ironically we were involved in a car accident! A speeding car smashed into ours, right by where I was sitting in the back passenger seat behind the driver. I don’t remember it at all, or even being in the ambulance. I do remember Robbie being at the hospital when I got there and the neurosurgeon who thought having a couple of advocates in my family qualified me for an immediate catscan!
Both my sides are a little bruised and bashed up so I slept on my back, and I’ve woken up feeling considerably better. My head is aching and I’m stiff all over with a couple of cuts and scrapes, but I thank G-d for saving my life. It's times like these when we are struck with how quickly things can turn...
Friday, March 07, 2008
Road accident
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment