Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rachel's recipe

I’m one of those people who can work with the TV on in the background. It does sometimes creep to the fore though. Like today, I had to quickly open a new Word document to take down a recipe. Rachel Ray calls it a guilt-free snack, I call it tonight’s supper.


Rachel Ray’s Soba noodle bowl

Cook whole-wheat spaghetti (instead of zero nutrient noodle)


In a big pot:

Heat veg oil

Add cut up zucchini

And chopped onion

Stir fry

Add shredded carrot

Add cloves of garlic (sounds dangerous, I’d say one clove)

Add shitake/white mushrooms

Add chopped bakchoi or any dark green eg. Swiss chard

Add 6 cups of chicken stock

Bean sprouts on top


In a small bowl:

Palm of ground chillies

Palm of ground coriander

Palm of cayenne

Palm of toasted sesame seed


Then simply:

Portion the “noodles” into a bowl

Sprinkle with soya sauce

Ladle on soup mixture

Sprinkle over spice mixture


Sounds easy, hey! And it looked so tasty on the telly.

We'll see if it transitions well into real life, I'll let you know...


Betay’avon!


No comments: