Google trends lab. Brilliant. Check it out. Go google home page:
more, then pick labs, then pick trends.
In the search box type two or more comparable topics separated by commas and see the search patterns in a comparative table and rankings of region, city and language.
So for example I typed in ‘golf, tennis, rugby, cricket, soccer’ and found that golf is by far the most searched for sport and has been for as far back as the table goes (2004). Tennis is the second most popular sport on my table. Except in
Next I compared ‘aids, cancer, flu, malaria’ (see table below). Malaria doesn’t really play with these big guns. Cancer has the highest search rating in this group by a long shot. Aids and flu are pretty flat with Aids spiking phenomenally high somewhere near the end of each year. Pity the interest seems to be diminishing yearly.
At least between love and suicide, love is winning in ‘search volume’…
though interestingly the scores are pretty close in the corresponding ‘news reference volume’.
Islam is way more searched than Judaism and Christianity,
but Christian is searched more than Jew and Muslim.
Then I got a bit silly comparing names and vegetables and I’m sure I could go on and on with this new toy were my eyes not getting into that pasty past-your-bed-time mood.

See what the world is looking for!
1 comment:
Hi Do not quite understand what is at stake.
Post a Comment