10 minutes into the workout: it's Black Eyed Peas on my ipod and I'm running off calories faster than it took to download the song.
The going is good and there’s no sign of bringing on a prematurely necessitated 'cool down'.
Then at 13 minutes, blinded by sweat, I get a cramp.
*Can I run on? * Maybe I'll take it down to a jog?*
There is that moment between songs when the only sound is of heels pounding down on the treadmill...

Then a great rhythm surges forth into my eardrums... Justin Timberlake... Head goes down... I’m in-step now baby and we’re bringing sexy back. At 15 minutes I’ve broken through and even take the speed up to 10.5 as I run through the 3 kilometer mark and exultantly make it to 20 minutes.
I know it might not sound like much to fit folks but to me it means I’m back up to pre-wedding fitness which has been lost since the first buffet breakfast in
Go Sharks!
I actually like being dorky enough to let a person know I’m a fan, 
perhaps it's even more dorky than having JT on my ipod
(which is the most dorky according to Stevie P).
Have a great weekend everyone!
2 comments:
Just the kind of inspiring story I need to bladdy get my arse to the gym! I'm melting, spreading and softening...and I hate it! No gym in 3 weeks. It's too much. Clearly I need the magic spark, the divine intervention that is JT's... so here I am asking for his light to shine down on me and to thank you Ter Ber for the jolt back into the joy of doing it!!! I's hitting that treadmill tomorrow!!
You can do it!
Post a Comment