Weekends are like dips in the Indian ocean. Weekdays, they can be
like long distance swims in a pool with suspicious warm patches. They
can also be like proficient dives, plunging me into a pool with two
deep-ends; one where mommy wades about and the other is only for
professionals, no kids allowed.
Last week was filled with
deep-end days. Early morning wake up calls to two toddlers wanting to
play on iPads before breakfast. School runs. Singing "Roll roll roll the
dough make it nice and round..." in our moms and tots group. Calling
"under turn and catch the wall" in the swimming teacher's pool. Home,
eating rice cakes, reading "I wish I had Duck Feet". These moments of
major momminess were interspersed with I-am-journalist,
I-am-photographer, I-am-producer-editor-director. Finding a new
presenter for our kiddies show, bringing a stage-play to South Africa,
tussling with an 800-word article for a local mag. And then putting our
home on the market and making an offer on another, which was turned down.
Lots
of coffee cups were left half full and by the time the weekend came,
the literal and figurative dunk into the warm Indian, holding hands with
ones I love, was just what was needed.
Here's to waking up to a new week with salty hair!
Have a good one x
No comments:
Post a Comment