Dear Granny B and Grampa M
I'm leaving for the airport soon. I have packed an overnight bag for the kids for Sunday and thought I should just leave you with a couple of reminders in case...
Son, you know, will be easy to look after.
He is comfortable at the beach house and communicates his wants and needs
extremely well. For entertainment (or distraction) the beach, drawing or
television are all usually winners. He also enjoys doing basic maths and
talking about the letters in the alphabet or planets and likes to include
monsters and aliens in his role-play. It is important to note that all the
monsters and aliens are friendly and helpful. If they show any signs of being
even a little bit scary, Son will sort them out with his Vorpal Sward (just the talk of a Vorpal Sward usually sends scary things
running).
Before bed (around 6:30) he has a little bit of regular
milk (favorite sippy cup in the overnight bag). For reading time (usually three books) he
doesn’t mind having his sister lie in his bed on the other side of the book
reader. After books he likes three prayers but will leave that bit out if mom
isn’t around. He still loves his “Ellie Raggie” most with “Bear Raggie” coming
a close second. I hope Daddy Robbie will remember to bring one of these to you
on Sunday. Otherwise Son quite likes any of the other taglettes so I’ll try find
one of those to stick into the overnight bag now.
Baby M. She is comforted by her bunny and
by her dummy. She likes to look at familiar picture books (already in overnight
bag). She also likes looking at family photos on the iphone or ipad. She eats
well if she is hungry, sleeps well if she is in her own cot (good luck!!) and
likes to try do most things on her own. Oh, try giving her a little blob of
toothpaste on her finger if you need to make her happy. Or cheese!
The sweet little girl is going through a
clingy phase, she is finding it hard to express what she wants and she also
might be getting a bit of a cold. All this makes leaving her a even harder. I
have packed a little medicine kit with cough medicine, Ponstan suppositories
for fever and a box of Ashton and Parsons powder in case its new teeth that are
causing her trouble.
Before bed we give her Nan 2 formula, 8
scoops in 200mls of warm water.
There is a bottle in the packet in the bag as well as a spare dummy. Give her a
bottle before bed and then any other time you feel she could use one.
In the bag also: bits of clothing including
a change of clothes each for Monday morning and pajamas. A packet with a sand
art activity each (adult assistance required) and a magic wand each. The sand
art might be nice for Saturday and the wands could be fun on Sunday evening.
Thank you for helping us this weekend. I’m
feeling so anxious I even had a little cry when I dropped Baby M at playschool
this morning for a few hours. Of course both she and I were fine after a short
while and had a good morning doing what we had to do. It will be the same this
weekend when I am away.
Phones are on if you want to ask me
anything or give me a few updates. The odd photo would be great and they can
call to talk to me if they want. But I know they will be fine- it’s only three
nights and they will have their dad with them for two of them. They know and
love their granny and grampa and have the best time at the beach house every
weekend. At worst Miks will be a bit moody and everyone will feel more tired
than usual on Monday, but everything will be fine…
Thanks again
xxx
PS. Son is getting a lift to school with you on Monday morning, right? Aunty Fi will be coming with Mandla to you in the morning and will look after Miks till I get back at 2:30.
PPS. Don't have time to work out why this blog is posting with double spacing
PPPS. Good Luck!
PPS. Don't have time to work out why this blog is posting with double spacing
PPPS. Good Luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment