Friday, June 03, 2011

Yuppie crisis

Oh no! My domestic worker/child-minder/house-keeper/life-saver has called in sick! I expect no sympathy from those who go without this kind of life-assistance day in and day out. Your kind is often on my mind and with awe I wonder how you manage. But you do. As I am today. Particularly well I must say. I have gotten Son and Daddy Robbie off to school/work fed and looking presentable. I "fed" Baby M her cereal (still can't work out how Aunty Fi manages to get 5 spoons of the stuff into her actual mouth). The Lego bomb has been cleared away and beds have been made. I'm dressed. I called the garage guys to come fix the garage, the aircon people to explain how to make the hot air happen and the passport lady to send me Baby's unabridged birth certificate. The documentation for Baby M's passport is all neatly arranged and will be sent today to the address I just phoned the travel agent for. I'll go to the post office after I drop the containers off at Veggietotmom for all the yummy meals she is preparing for me as a gift to someone special. First I'll have to buy the containers though. I'm hoping to do that before 9:30 which is when I have to be at work. But I can't get going till Baby M wakes up from her nap. Of course it's a long one! So we wait.

PS. I guess I found my inspiration to share (see post below). I tend to feel inspired when I'm managing a variety of diverse things at once. In the mean time, you'd never believe how little sleep I'm functioning on. No, you wouldn't. Maybe I'll go put a little powder under my eyes while I wait for Miss Thang to decide to wake up...


This is me right now ----->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are excellent your kids are excellent your work is excellent and your coping skills are excellent!!! x