Friday, June 10, 2011

Dillydally

Trying to write a script but it's one of those days where things go very slowly.

Today's problem relates to searching through my hard drive for footage. The insert I'm working on is about nature's brutal food chain but when I type "eat", I get given all results for thrEAT, brEATh, crEATure and dEATh. When I search for "cat", I have to wade through indiCATors, communiCATion, reloCATion and CATterpillars. Only to realize we have no domestic cats in this season's footage so will have to plug in a drive from the previous season. Going through all the indicators, communication, relocation and caterpillars there might eventually churn out a suitable fur-ball to cover the sentence "Adult and baby birds have to be on the lookout for four-legged predators, such as cats". (A sentence that will later be translated into isiZulu)

Maybe I'll move on to another insert with bigger words. The next one will require a search for "pollution" and "overfishing". Those will be easier to find. Alright then, enough dilly-dallying, forward march into human influences that challenge the survival of creatures in the wild!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello kafka..why? i dont know. x