The love is abundant and things like a kiss on somewhere sore really makes the sore go away. He is quick to say sorry if he hurts or upsets me and almost always says thank you without any prompting.
His understanding is mind-boggling and there is very little that I can say to him which I feel he doesn't comprehend. At bed time, for example, I said to him "you don't need mom to sit with you to go to sleep tonight do you? I know you can do it on your own, and I'll be just outside your room so call if you need me." And he was cool with that. It was just after we had done our nightly prayer (which, if I forget he says, "family?"). Tonight I started the prayer, thanking G-d for our family, as I always do and he said, "that's all". I can go on for 10 minutes on a good night! Not tonight I guess :)
In one day you can lose track of all the great things he says. The other morning, while taking stock of his cars, he says, "where's my ground breaker?" He looks a little more then continues, "I had it yesterday." I mean, does he really know what yesterday means already?
Then he walks his toy elephant along the ground and stops at Robbie's feet. Robbie says, "Hello Mr. Elephant." To which Son replies, "Hello daddy's feet". Is it just us who think that's crazy cute?
On the way to school that same morning, when discussing what he is wearing, he gets to his lovely new shoes from Granny Bess. Looking at the big turnable smiley face on the side he exclaims, "shoes have a spare wheel on the side!" (He knows about spare wheels because his Jeep has one at the back. Tow-bars excite him too)
That's all on one morning. Before he's even fetched from school with stories to tell.
Did I mention his great dance moves?
Loving this boy so much.
And he turns two tomorrow!
Wow.
Wait till he sees the 5-story parking garage we got him....
Will definitely post pics of the no doubt special weekend ahead. But first, here are some from the week past.


No comments:
Post a Comment