Waiting in the doctor's room for a routine check-up, I wouldn't have thought that, on looking at the sonogram, the doctor would say: "baby has turned, she's no longer in an ideal position for natural labour, she's already larger than the average baby of full term, based on the fact that you've previously had a c-section, I need to recommend that's the route we go again, and that we do it today."
This time last week I had a Kingklip recipe I was going to make for dinner, a load of laundry for the dry cleaner and a visit to great granny Jacqui on my to-do list. But finally, I could no longer do anymore accept resign myself to fate.
And fate had install for me the most wonderful gift: a daughter with a calm and calming nature. A most gentle creature with the cutest little rose-bud lips and a head full of short dark hair.
To my complete relief, Son seems mostly unperturbed by his little sister, as long as he is getting all the love and attention he is accustomed to, as he is.
And so here I sit, recovering well from the surgery, and loving the fact that I'm blessed with a phenomenal family of 4- the newest addition of which, can lie over a pillow on my lap as I type up this post.
I never would have guessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment