Sunday, January 09, 2011

And we're back

Here's the discovery we made as we headed down to the beachfront for Robbie and Son's promenade run: finding parking at the beach is not easy this time of year. Seems obvious, being Summer holidays and all, but we've become accustomed to walking to the beach...

For the last two weeks (a week longer than planned), we've been staying at “Granny Bess’s Beach House”. It's only a 20 minute drive from home, but mere footsteps from the beach and an arms reach from a family member happy to play with, swim with, puzzle with, feed or read to Son.

Week one was blissfully sunny and made more lovely by the fact that Robbie’s younger brothers were in town. What I worried would be an absolute mad house, full to over-capacity, was in fact a very warm and happy place to be. Week two struggled to compete as endless rain drenched all the previously sunny hours and there was the extra pressure of everyone either back at or needing to get back to work. I never strayed too far from "work mode": my laptop and external hard drives were permanently set up at the downstairs table. This way I could steal a moment to do some scriptwriting whenever possible. In the end, I haven’t managed to get through as much as I had hoped but with only 6 scripts left to write I’m not in a bad place, even if baby were to make an appearance sooner than expected!

As for Little Miss kicking away in my belly- I was sure her arrival was imminent. That was until I learned my doctor is away until the 16th. Suddenly baby feels very happy where she is (don’t you, darling?). Due date being the 21st, keeping her in till at least the 16th really shouldn’t be a problem, but I don’t want to wait too long because she gets bigger by the day making the circumstances required for natural labour slip into a less optimal place.

Okay, enough blah blah blah.

Here are a few pics...













































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pics!!!

Anonymous said...

oh ter ber how sweet. your holiday looks delish. takes some adjusting to get back into normal reality where daily routine is not so exciting and there are not all these helpful hands around, dont you think?..... x