I've had such bad luck with my computer lately, which is why I have hardly blogged. The d and g keys do not work and nor do the comma and full stop. It'll cost a small bundle to repair and there are a number of other "quirks" I would need to fix if I went that route (disk drive, internal modem etc). I write this now from Robbie's computer and it is such a pleasure to have a fully functioning tray of letters to work with. I'm also thoroughly enjoying the Mac vibe as opposed to PC- it's user friendly, good to look at and great to edit with, watch movies and store music and pictures. You know the lifespan for a laptop is only about three years? Or so they say. Well I've had my Toshiba for five at least, and with the milage I've racked up on her she has probably aged twice that. So I've decided, along with Robbie's encouragement (he's probably sick of hearing me complain and wants his Mac back) it's finally time to dip into those well-earned, closely guarded savings of mine. By as early as tomorrow I could be blogging from my very own Macbook Pro!
The screen saver on Robbie's computer is a collage of photos which fly in and settle somewhere on the idle screen. As I passed by earlier I saw a photograph appear which made me chuckle and I just had to share it, which is what brought me to this very stool at the kitchen counter to write this very blog entry...
Son now says up, dada, kick and bye. He also barks beautifully. We are all amazed by his confidence on his feet; he is practicing walking while holding different things in each hand and likes to take his little farm animals out of a box and give them to someone across the room one by one. He will then usually return each one to the box, or lose interest and move on. He has 6 teeth and we suspect that more are on their way. He has been to 3 birthday parties, two of which were this week and meant the discovery of chips, fruit juice and chocolate! We have made great progress on the eating and sleeping since I last wrote, but with the impending teething that is likely to change...
No comments:
Post a Comment