Not for Son! Twice now I have fed Son his dinner and thereafter, on noticing he's still opening his mouth like an expectant little bird, have tried to feed him some dessert- If you can call avocado dessert. Needless to say he was less than impressed. His face contorted and his tongue pushed the offending goop right out of his mouth till he looked like someone in a spoof of one of those "Got Milk?" ads. Then vomited up all 5 heaped tablespoons of cereal that I had just spent half an hour feeding him.
You'd think I had learnt my lesson. But no; after his supper on Saturday night, which my mom and I thoroughly enjoyed feeding him together; watching his little birdy mouth open wide and his excited little feet kick kick kick, I again felt he might like something sweet to round off the meal. But he did not. Even though it actually was sweet this time. Apple. He usually loves apple. Usually. I guess the difference in taste and texture was just too much for his system to comprehend and with one little wretch up came all the cereal that we had just spent half an hour feeding him. Ya, sorry, I know this isn't the most pleasant topic. But do you think it's pleasant mopping up 5 heaped tablespoons of banana flavoured cereal mixed with 150ml cooled boiled water, stomach juices and probably some curdled mother's milk? No.
I have now finally learnt my lesson. So tonight, when Son was still opening wide even after I'd stopped saying "open wiiiide!", I simply mixed up a little more of the same. He very much enjoyed this second helping. He's just like his dad :)
No more dessert after supper for this boy... a situation he may come to disapprove of later on down the line...
No comments:
Post a Comment