Thursday, August 13, 2009

Solids - quite mushy really

I am now one of those moms whose baby has food all over their faces. I've often seen those moms and those babies and thought please, just wipe the poor kids face. But things are different now. Now that Son is eating 2 meals a day he almost always has some crusty cereal somewhere- be it in an ear, caked on eyebrow hairs or hidden in the little rolls of his chin.

The introduction of solids has been an exceptionally messy affair. I've learnt you only actually have to dip the spoon into the bowl every third mouthful or so, the other mouthfuls you just scoop up what's dripping out the mouth or never made it into the mouth in the first place. I do try keep things moderately clean with a kitchen towel or Terry cloth but that's inevitably just before he sneezes a mouthful of cereal all over me or blows bubbles onto the spoon sprinkling cereal everywhere.

There's no turning back now. The days of simply pulling my shirt aside for Son and calling that mealtime are in our rosy past. On the bright side; at least I finally have a use for all those bibs and facecloths we were given as gifts when Son was born. I thought, what on Earth will I ever need so many of these things for? Well, let me tell you, you can never have enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that face! i want to kiss it!

noodle said...

ag noo noo!