One day I'll have to stop giving Son so many kisses. He'll be like, "Ah Ma, come on! The other advocates are watching!" But nothing is more kissable than soft soft baby skin. And he makes me so proud I just have to respond with affection- like when he hardly cried today getting his inoculation, or when the nurse told me even though they usually recommend solids from 4 1/2 months, Son holds himself so well and is so alert that we can start solids now if we want- he isn't even 4 months yet! I also had to kiss him at 5 this morning when he was awake and ready to start the day because it was either that or a drop kick, and then kisses of appreciation when he woke up at 8am after finally going to sleep again at 6:30. Kisses for sitting on the breakfast table letting me drink coffee and read the news and kisses for laughs, smiles and cries. I find they're just the prefect response to just about anything he does. Even the mere fact that he exists gets my lips puckered a good few times a day!

Photo by Jonx
No comments:
Post a Comment