Friday, August 07, 2009

It wasn't a fluke

He drank from the bottle again today. Evidence:



















Feeding him in the picture is the lovely Fikile; the newest addition to our 'happy family' scenario, who has made things even happier. She and Son are firm friends and I feel comfortable leaving him in her care if I have errands to run or meetings to attend. This morning I even went back to yoga after about 5 months of no exercise- other than pushing the pram around the block usually carrying Son in one arm and steering with the other (he's still hating his pram).

How I look forward to the days we have Fikile with us!

Anyway, like me at yoga today, my life is now getting a bit of its balance back. And just as Son turns 4 months (tomorrow)! I remember hearing it gets easier after 3, and it seems they were right, even in my case where things usually seem perfectly atypical.

I have an amendment to make: earlier I wrote he's still hating his pram, and that's not entirely true. While he is much happier in the pouch (which is getting tougher for me now that he weighs 7kgs), he has had a couple (literally 2) good walks in his pram. The one was today when Fikile took him out in the McLaren buggy. They made it all the way to the park and back without having to stop, remove a screaming Son and carry him the rest of the way home. So maybe we're getting somewhere in that department too. Hello 4 months! So good to meet you :)

No comments: