Sunday, March 29, 2009

Posts I would have written during this lull

My sister had a baby!

I hosted bookclub on the day I was due to give birth

Why due dates are really guess dates

Seeing Zapiro, Max du Plessis and Evita Bezuidenhout/Pieter-Dirk Uys at the Elizabeth Sneddon.

The wait-till-you-cut-the-cord debate (I've decided not to wait as there seems to be no real evidence that postponing the cutting of the umbilical cord benefits the baby)

And others... can't think now... have to log off... will try remember the other posts I have been wanting to write and store them in my porridge brain till next time. By which time I may have a baby already. So the next time I actually have time might be when he turns 18. Kidding. I'll hopefully have some kind of internet up and running at home soon... 





2 comments:

noodle said...

Oh my lordy Terri! I've read about carrying the afterbirth around in a bag until it decides to detach itself. Hmm. Maybe not so practical in the heat of Durban.

Terri said...

Haha. Yukkie. I'll consider a lot of things, among them letting the cord stop pulsating on its own (which apparently only takes about 30 seconds to a minute), but carrying the afterbirth in a bag? Not for me :)