Sunday, March 01, 2009

Blogging suspended

Unfortunately due to Telkom’s inefficiency (no phone line and therefore no internet at home with no sign of this changing in the near future) I am forced to suspend blogging activities until further notice.

All is well though; baby is growing wonderfully and wriggling around happily in my belly. We are settled into our new home and loving having a swimming pool (which we are still figuring out how to maintain) and a garden (currently being terrorized by a strangler fig and frequently visited by monkeys and various bird species). Rob and I have taken up piano, which we are teaching ourselves to play from an adult beginners book, much to the delight of our neighbours I’m sure. And production of the TV show is coming to an end, until the next season which will hopefully be picked up near the end of the year.

So things are good, don’t worry, and I haven’t forgotten about my blog, I just can’t really access it much these days and certainly don’t have the luxury or writing posts as when I do log-on it’s usually from work.

Latest book: (other than mom-to-be books)
A Complicated Kindness – Humorous but morbid tale of a Canadian teenager growing up in an intensely restrictive Mennonite community

Latest DVD:
Broken wings – Very good but harrowing story of a family not coping in Haifa, Israel

Latest film:
The Wrestler- Deeply disturbing but brilliant portrayal of a desperate man by Mickey Rourke

(Notice a trend? Perhaps Pieter-Dirk Uys and his alter-ego in drag will offer something lighter later on in the week)

No comments: