Sunday, March 29, 2009

If I had proper internet access...

If I had proper internet access I would probably have gotten into Twitter by now. At the face of it Twitter seems like just another way to waste time online, which I think it probably is, even beyond its face. But there have been a few incidents lately that have caused my curiosity to peak, beginning with the link I found to Christopher Walken's twitter page.

Before I show you some of my fave CW posts let me offer a quick explination of what Twitter is for those who aren't in the know:

Basically Twitter it's an exchange of "quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?" Friends, co-workers or strangers can follow your Twittering. So let's see what Christopher had to say recently:

“I would like to see someone land a train in the Hudson.”

“I asked kids to turn down the thumping music in their car. One called me a racist & made a rude gesture. That’s fine. They drove off. I win.”

“An escalator in Grand Central Station is out-of-service. I stood on it for a minute or two in the name of subtle irony. No-one else did.”

“Someone commended me for being “approachable.” Okay. The truth is that I’m easily distracted and don’t notice people touching me right away.”

Unfortunately his account has been suspended for some reason, so it's no use me giving you the link.

However if you want to follow John Cleese or Britney Spears  just click on them and you'll be transported through cyber space to their own personal little ranting playgrounds.

Oh and one of my favorite funny people, Eddie Izzard, also twits. But he isn't that funny a twitterer. Or twitist. Or twit. . .

So it seems all the cool kids are doing it.

I even heard Ashton Kutcher twittered Demi's bum. But don't ask me how that one works, I'm twitterless. 


No comments: