Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Laundry week
I’ve finally finished doing the laundry. 10 days worth of worn clothing now either clean and in the cupboard, clean and folded above the dryer or clean and drying on the balcony. Any which way, it’s all clean. I still have to pair up the socks though. Somehow that always feels like the worst bit. We really are spoiled here in SA with all the help we get. I usually have Clarice come in once a week and she takes care of all our laundry there and then. I don’t even need to think about how our clothes get from the washing basket back into the cupboard all clean and fresh smelling. Except when a shrunken item is found hiding at the bottom of a pile on the shelf or Robbie puts on a shirt with a heinously crumpled collar. But for the last few days those shirt collars and not-for-tumble-drying items have been my responsibility. Unfortunately it’s taken me so long to do, that another basket is already over-flowing with dirty clothes. It feels endless! But we had our holiday and Clarice gets hers. Only fair, but boy do I look forward to her return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment