I’ve been a disgrace to the blogging fraternity of late. (Does fraternity include females? Well it does in this case. Anyway,) I just can’t seem to write for purely pleasure because I spend so much time writing scripts for the second series of my kids show. The amount of time it takes to research the animals for my chosen topic, formulate it into a cohesive treatment and then transform that into a strictly 24 minute long script compete with inserts, links, ad breaks, and fun gimmicks like “the wheel of the wild” and the “cryptic creature” feature is more hours than I’d like to count. When I’m not writing I’m either shooting the episode or working through it with the editors. I’m exhausted. But it’s all good, I love my job and I’m very proud of the programmes we are producing. The true test will come when we go on air in October and the ratings start coming through, but for now we are all just working our butts off to make sure there will be a show to go on air.
I hate to disappoint, and I know how frustrating it can be when a blog you visit regularly is suffering a drought, but I hope you understand; this girl in the world does think about her little internet space often and hasn't absconded the cyber sorority just yet...
** Couldn't resist turning to
Wiki for the answer:
(it's all the researching I tell ya!)
"The term "fraternities", often colloquially shortened to "frats", generally refers to all-male or mixed-sex organizations."
No comments:
Post a Comment