(Title to the tune of Everly Brothers song)
Dreams are wonderful and strange, revealing and confusing when you have them, or at least remember them. It seems my imagination goes into overdrive come the weekend and of late my weekend dreaming has been busy and bizarre. Last week I remember my teeth falling out; crumbling one by one starting at the back right molar and spreading across as I drove in a panic to try find a dentist through a city of one-way streets. Stress maybe? Then last night in dreamland we were at a music festival and I realized someone had gone into my tent and taken all my belongs only to reveal each one over the festival loud speaker, and I knew each of these objects was mine but as I listened to them being read out and laughed at I couldn’t believe what I'd actually been crazy enough to bring on a weekend camping trip! And then I almost adopted my cousins, who looked the same as they do now but shrunk into 3-year-old bodies. And so many fragments, pieces of dream that make no sense at all.
For the most part I enjoy my nightly adventures into the unknown and unlimited, but with all these dreams I’m having of late, I’ve had to keep waking myself up and reminding myself that I am actually in control of this mad dream world and can pull the plug anytime. Then I lie looking up at the ceiling thinking of the strange place I’ve just been, panic a little because I really need my sleep and can’t spend valuable sleep time lying awake, and with that anxiety building, fall asleep again only to find myself back in the car looking for a dentist or marching up to the festival radio booth to demand my stuff back.
Ach. Let's just sing!
For those who sang the title, here are the rest of the lyrics.
All together now:
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine
Anytime night or day
Only trouble is, gee whiz
I'm dreamin' my life away
I need you so that I could die
I love you so and that is why
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam
(It goes on quite a bit, if you really want more,
follow this link)
I just remembered how my sister used to sing this song when we were little.
It had to be pronounced 'dweam'. Why Ca, WHY?
No comments:
Post a Comment