Sunday, July 06, 2008

Great-full Days

Last weekend Robbie and I found ourselves at the Grahamstown festival and lost ourselves in all the theatre, food, wine and friends which were on offer in abundance. The festival is a week or so long and is a place where various forms of artistic expression collide annually- photography exhibitions, jazz, film, dance and, my favourite- theatre. It was just great great great!

This weekend in Durban we were once again spoilt for choice when it came to activities on offer. We gave the Durban July (horse racing and fashion event of the year) a miss, as well as all the associated before and after parties, but we made it down to the beach for some of the Mr Price Pro (major surfing competition) where I had pink Soft serve ice-cream in a cone (R2.50!!) and contemplated where else in the world a Winter’s day could feel so blissfully Summery.

Other moments of joy included:

Wearing a blonde wig a the Madam Zingara traveling circus

Croissant and rugby breakfast with friends

Robbie motivating me to gym

Me motivating him through the Sex In The City movie

Washing the dog and yoga mat in the sun

Curry at Little India

Par on the first hole at golf and thinking I might win


Darker moments:

Loosing my mojo on the golf course
(Didn't win, not even close. But I don't really mind)

South Africa being beaten by New Zealand in the rugby
(Don't really mind that either. Better luck next time guys!)

Finding a spider in my salad
(I spent ages making it then had to give it away, big pain.)

Our close friends being burgled while they slept
:((


May the moments of light always outshine the dark ones
and the week ahead glow for us all...

xo


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you brilliant and beautiful. hello to the fishies