The project began when I moved to Durban and had lots of time on my hands and now, while I’m waiting for this contract so I can start working on the next series, I have the kind of days which allow me to sit on the bathroom floor getting glue on my hands again. The door’s theme is fliers from plays I’ve seen and liked or would like to see. Having collected a bunch of such fliers at the arts festival I thought I’d be able to complete the whole thing but there is still an empty panel along the bottom.
I’ve also realized that it’s more collage than decoupage.
Subtle difference, which I don’t get, but I do get the suspicious feeling that it's closer to teenage school diary than ornately crafted surface-
even though I've used the special decoupage varnish.
But I like it. In this age of overly interior decorated homes I enjoy spaces where personal creativity triumphs.
2 comments:
too right hehe
love the door
teenage diary vs expertly crafted surface....funny x
Thank you!
Post a Comment